The exhibition titled ‘Masaveu Collection. 19th century Spanish painting. From Goya to modernism’ consisted of a selection of 125 pieces that offer an educational insight into the history of 19th century Spanish painting, one of the core components of the Masaveu Collection.
This series of conferences, directed by the exhibition curator, Javier Barón, involved the participation of renowned experts on the subject who analysed in depth each of the five sections of the exhibition.
- 14 January 2020. From Goya to Rosales (I). JOSÉ LUIS DÍEZ
- 21 January 2020. The plurality approaches in the last third of the century (II). JAVIER BARÓN
- 28 January 2020. Sorolla. The triumph of colour and light (III). BLANCA PONS-SOROLLA
- 4 February 2020. Modernism and postmodernism in Catalonia (IV). FRANCESC MIRALLES
- 18 February 2020. The renewal of Spanish painting and regenerationism (V). JAVIER BARÓN
All the conferences were held at 7:00 p.m. in the María Cristina Masaveu Auditorium of the FMCMP headquarters in Madrid.