THE FUNDACIÓN MARIA CRISTINA MASAVEU PETERSON
BACKGROUND AND HERITAGE
The Foundation was formed on 5 May 2006 by María Cristina Masaveu Peterson via a Public Deed signed before the Notary Public of Oviedo, Luis Alfonso Tejuca Pendás, under notary record number 1814.
With great generosity, María Cristina Masaveu Peterson provided the Foundation with endowment assets which, based on a management that is subject to the principles of responsibility, optimisation and discretion, enables it to maintain its equity balance and finance all of its activities and projects independently, without receiving any type of public or private funds or subsidies.
The Foundation was authorised and registered in the Foundations Registry of the Ministry of Culture by virtue of Order 2373/2006, of 30 June, under record number 714.
Since then the Foundation is based in Madrid and, in collaboration with other management offices in different areas of Spain, it effectuates the goals for which it was created.
In accordance with its Statutes, and on a non-profit basis, the Foundation’s goals are as follows:
– The promotion, dissemination, conservation, recovery and restoration of Spain’s Historical Heritage, Music and Art in general.
– The professional training of young workers, ensuring comprehensive, human and professional education.
– Scientific research, with particular focus on the technological development of the cement manufacturing industry and its subsequent applications.
In compliance with the aforementioned objectives, the Foundation carries out its activities in accordance with the law, its statutory rules and the principles of effectiveness, planning, independence, transparency, accountability and resource optimisation, in order to obtain the best result for the society and for the beneficiaries of its activities and projects.